The news item is shown below. Red News VIPs can scroll down and enjoy. (VIP is 14.00 a year, includes full access to chat forums + free mag). Otherwise you'll need to click read more.

As a Red News VIP. You see the news all in one go, on one scrollable page with each item show in full without having to click read more, plus being a VIP gives you other benefits too ... access to forums, a free fanzine and more ... http://www.rednews.co.uk/vip.php

"They (pundits) talk constantly. It doesn't mean they make more sense because of that. That's the problem,"

"I really don't think that any other coach or manager in the world has to answer this question when he plays in the Champions League. [RN - he was asked if going out of the Champions League would help Liverpool in the league title challenge]

"It's really unique. It only happens if you are the Liverpool manager and the pundits come from Manchester United and start these things. It is so easy to sit in an office or a studio and talk about things like that.

"We don't draw up a season and say the best way to go through it is to go out of all the cup competitions early.

"You do that and in that moment the same people go for you like mad.

"Now it is closer to the end of the season and it is allowed to go out of the Champions League without even trying to go through? That's really mad.

"I'm not angry about it. It's just so mad that I constantly get confronted by it."