The news item is shown below. Red News VIPs can scroll down and enjoy. (VIP is 14.00 a year, includes full access to chat forums + free mag). Otherwise you'll need to click read more.

As a Red News VIP. You see the news all in one go, on one scrollable page with each item show in full without having to click read more, plus being a VIP gives you other benefits too ... access to forums, a free fanzine and more ... http://www.rednews.co.uk/vip.php

Ruud said some bad things when he was left on the bench in a League Cup Final

"It was very harsh, both ways,"

"Especially after five years of having such a strong bond. I learned so much from him, and in all modesty: he from me too.

"And yet the end was ruthless."

"It was me who took the first step to make it okay again. I called him. A few times a year I felt bad about what I had done to him and the names I called him when he kept me on the bench the entire match in the League Cup final in Cardiff. In a blind rage I shouted at him.

"I called him something. I called him a number of things in a blind rage. Cocky and stubborn as I was, I couldn't snap out of that for some time after. That's how it all crashed.

"It was just really disrespectful, there were lots of other people there. It wasn't all that outrageous in terms of words but it was completely out of order. Not done.

"I wasn't proud of it, still am not."