The news item is shown below. Red News VIPs can scroll down and enjoy. (VIP is £14.00 a year, includes full access to chat forums + free mag). Otherwise you'll need to click read more.

As a Red News VIP. You see the news all in one go, on one scrollable page with each item show in full without having to click read more, plus being a VIP gives you other benefits too ... access to forums, a free fanzine and more ... http://www.rednews.co.uk/vip.php

“Mourinho the man tries to be the opposite of what the manager is,”

“He tries to be discreet, calm and find the way to get away from it all.

“I can go home and not watch a football match, not think football. I can do it. At the beginning of my career, I could not. I was constantly plugged in 24 hours a day.

“I had to find a form of maturity. Today, I feel good with my personality as a man. I have matured, I am more peaceful. A victory no longer represents the moon, and a defeat is no longer hell.

“And I believe that I am able to pass on this calmness to those who work with me, to my players. I have the same ambitions as before. The same involvement, the same professionalism. But I’m more in control of my emotions.”

“I can hide my emotions, and hiding them is a way of controlling them. After the EFL Cup final, I was super happy. Did I show it? I am not sure. Not at all, even.

“But I didn’t want to, in public, put myself in the centre of the stage that belonged to the players and the fans, that’s all. In the dressing room, it was another thing. There, I showed how I felt, shared the joy.

“But I try to control my feelings, and above all my frustration. In that final, there were times where I was not happy with the way we were playing, but I tried to understand the context, the circumstances, be dispassionate and transmit this to the players. In all these aspects, I am better than before.”

“From a psychological point of view, the stronger the bonding in a group and the better the relationships between the players, the more ready you are.”