PDA

View Full Version : [9] Teddy Sheringham - Louis van Gaal’s system is hurting Wayne Rooney but thinks Utd will do well

Red News
13-11-2015, 02:50 PM
“Rooney will score goals if he is given the right kind of set-up to work in. He has proved that time and again down the years. All I would say is playing up front on your own is very tough. Not many players can pull that off successfully. I certainly wouldn't have fancied trying to play that role and always had a partner alongside me. Van Gaal is trying something different at Man Utd and it is not quite suiting Wayne Rooney at the moment. You have a top-quality player there, so you would like to think there is a way of finding a system that will suit him. It is up to the manager to work that out."

"They are fourth in the league, two points behind the leaders. That doesn't sound like a bad position to be in if you are not firing on all cylinders. They could be playing great football in the Premier League and still be fourth, so people need to keep some perspective and see how it all pans out later in the season. They have good players at United, so I'm sure they will do well."