PDA

View Full Version : Norwich Home 2013/14 League Match talk/coverage

Red News
25-04-2014, 02:05 AM
MUFC vs Norwich EA Sports PLayer Performance Index Stats
MUFC vs Norwich EA Sports PLayer Performance Index Stats

Order FIFA 14 here

Manchester United vs Norwich

Attention at Old Trafford will no doubt be on Ryan Giggs who has temporarily taken over from David Moyes. Manchester United showed a lacklustre performance against Everton last weekend and the players will be hoping to improve for stand-in manager Giggs.

In a game where United enjoyed the majority of possession, they were unable to break down a sturdy Everton defence. The EA SPORTS Player Performance Index shows that United’s midfield made most of the passes, Fletcher (56), Mata (50) and Carrick (43) but they only made five attacking contributions (assists, crosses and dribbles) between them.

Wayne Rooney was not in top form against his former club and managed only one shot throughout the whole game, which Tim Howard excellently saved. Despite this, he is still Manchester United’s top goal scorer with 15 goals for the season and you can find him at 13/18 to score at anytime with 888sport.com.

Everton counter attacked at speed throughout the game, meaning Chris Smalling and Phil Jones were forced to make 11 and 9 clearances respectively but they will both want to improve against Norwich who are likely to throw everything at them on Saturday.

Norwich have everything to play for after a hard fought encounter with Liverpool left them empty handed. Hovering two points above the relegation zone the Canaries will be hoping to capitalise on United’s current form.

Norwich gave Liverpool a scare last weekend with two second half goals that pushed Liverpool all the way. Top goal scorers Robert Snodgrass and Gary Hooper provided the goals and will go into the game with Manchester United full of confidence. The EA SPORTS Player Performance Index shows Snodgrass made three attacking contributions (crosses, dribbles, shots and assists), the most in the Norwich side. Snodgrass is 9/2 to score at anytime with 888sport.com

Although playing in a forward position against Liverpool, Nathan Redmond’s biggest contribution was defensively with 10 defensive contributions (tackles, interceptions, clearances and blocks) more than any other Norwich player. He will attempt to play with more attacking intent against United who struggled against the pace of Everton full-backs Baines and Coleman.

Leroy Fer sat in the centre of midfield against Liverpool and made 10 tackles during the game, more than any other player. With Manchester United likely to want to control possession, Fer will be key in breaking down the play and is capable of striding beyond the strikers and scoring himself.

http://marketing.888.com/888Sport/EN/Banners/XMAS_468x60-en.gif?DMM_ID=1069589 (http://promo.888.com/888sport/lp/offer/xmas/lp.php?sr=1076400&flag=0000)

http://promo.888.com/888sport/lp/off...6400&flag=0000 (http://promo.888.com/888sport/lp/offer/xmas/lp.php?sr=1076400&flag=0000)

Red News
25-04-2014, 02:30 AM
Norwich manager Neil Adams on facing United after all that has happened

"Obviously, I feel very sorry for David. It's never nice when managers lose their jobs. I'm not too fussed over what time it's come. We've just got to deal with it. There will be a lot of speculation - is it beneficial for us? Is it going to be a hindrance? It is what it is. We're playing a good team, with good players who have probably not done as well as they would've liked this season, hence what's happened this week. You're naturally going to see a reaction. The crowd will be up for it. Ryan Giggs is a huge fans' favourite at Man United, he's won everything there is to win at domestic level, and he's one of the best players the club has had. Naturally there's going to be a reaction from that. It's something we've prepared for and have to be ready for."

Keano's Magic Hat
25-04-2014, 10:38 AM
we're going to fucking hockey these

coggie
25-04-2014, 11:23 AM
based on Giggs attitude to attacking and our shite defence think this could be 5-4

Thornton Red
25-04-2014, 12:07 PM
based on Giggs attitude to attacking and our shite defence think this could be 5-4

I think we'll see a return to the United we all recognise and that we'll paste em

stalky
25-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Could hinge on who gets the first goal & how quickly it comes......

Red News
25-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Manchester United and Norwich squads
Manchester United and Norwich squads

Premier League Matcheshttp://partner.sbaffiliates.com/processing/impressions.asp?btag=a_11675b_7111 (http://partner.sbaffiliates.com/processing/clickthrgh.asp?btag=a_11675b_7111)

http://sportingbet-affiliate.host.bannerflow.com/ad_image_60037.jpg (http://partner.sbaffiliates.com/processing/clickthrgh.asp?btag=a_11675b_10185&clurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sportingbet.com%2f)

http://partner.sbaffiliates.com/proc...a_11675b_10185 (http://partner.sbaffiliates.com/processing/clickthrgh.asp?btag=a_11675b_10185)

Manchester United (from): De Gea, Lindegaard, Jones, Ferdinand, Vidic, Smalling, Evans, Buttner, Evra, Giggs, Carrick, Nani, Young, Fletcher, Valencia, Kagawa, Fellaini, Mata, Januzaj, Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck.

Norwich (from): Ruddy, Whittaker, Turner, Martin, Olsson, Fer, Johnson, Howson, Snodgrass, Redmond, Hooper, Bunn, Van Wolfswinkel, Murphy, Hoolahan, Garrido, E Bennett, R Bennett, Tettey, Bassong.

E.S.
26-04-2014, 10:39 PM
[4] Dwight Yorke liked the happy MUFC
"I think it's been an outstanding debut for him,"

"He'll be delighted with the players. The first half wasn't great, but they got that decisive goal and really came out in the second half and took the game by the scruff of the neck. They scored three further goals and Wayne Rooney was outstanding all afternoon.

"The first half was a little bit of a mis-hit. The goal that was scored just before the end of the first half really changed things around, but in the second-half once they got the second goal, the players seemed to let that tension off them.

"They came out and expressed themselves a lot more. They seemed to get on the ball, people wanted the ball - and most importantly the end product was there as well.

"At Old Trafford it's been a very difficult time for them this year and the freedom, the enjoyment, the happiness on their face and the expressiveness of the football, was very evident in their performance."

E.S.
26-04-2014, 10:40 PM
[5] Jamie Rednapp thinks Giggsy is auditioning for the MUFC manager job ... literally
"The goal changed it and gave them a little bit of confidence and belief,"

"If it was an audition for Ryan Giggs it couldn't have gone any better, from yesterday in the press conference to today and the way the team played.

"They weren't at their best, but what Man United have always done throughout the years is still score goals when they're not at their best.

"He looks every inch a Man United manager to me. I'm not sure what the plans are, but if he carries on like that in the next three games there will be a clamour from those fans.

"They will want him, make no mistake about it."

E.S.
26-04-2014, 10:41 PM
[6] Giggs on what the club has said to him about being manager
"The club has just said to me, 'You've got the job for four games' - that's one down and three to go. I'll do the job to the best of my ability and after that we'll see what happens."

[6] Giggs on what the club has said to him about being manager
"The club has just said to me, 'You've got the job for four games' - that's one down and three to go. I'll do the job to the best of my ability and after that we'll see what happens."

E.S.
26-04-2014, 10:43 PM
[7] Giggs on how he is coping with being a manager
"It's taken so much out of me this week that I've not really had time to look too far into the future. My next job now is to get the players ready for Sunderland"

E.S.
26-04-2014, 10:46 PM
[8] Giggs didn't sleep much thanks to leaving Mata out of the starting XI and the other choices he had to make
"I didn't sleep last night [because of the starting XI picks]. Players on the bench, leaving the likes of Juan Mata out of the starting XI was a difficult decision and a position I've never been put in before. And it was really tough. I'm interim manager but I'm also one of their teammates, so it was tough to leave them out.

"But you've seen the response of Juan. That's a true professional, to not moan and not sulk and come on and perform like he did."

E.S.
26-04-2014, 10:46 PM
[9] Giggs on a dream day
"To win 4-0 is a dream day for us,"

"It's always nice to end the game like we did. We looked like we were scoring goals, not just the response of the players. The first half we were a little bit slow, but I just reminded them that the tempo needs to be quicker and they reacted well to that"

E.S.
26-04-2014, 10:59 PM
[15] Giggs on why he didn't play today, and if he may play this season
“I haven’t had time to train this week, I haven’t had the energy. I’m going to start training on Monday, I knew that last week would be busy but I’ll be back on the pitch and I can’t wait."

E.S.
26-04-2014, 11:01 PM
[16] Giggs wanted experienced players on an emotional day
“I said before the game that I could have played two teams, because the response of the players has been brilliant, I trust them all. It was really difficult to choose the team, but Rio [Ferdinand] and Nemanja [Vidic] have got that experience, as well as Patrice [Evra]. I wanted experience in the team, because I knew that it would be an emotionally-charged day and that we wouldn’t have it all our own way. Norwich are fighting for their lives, I know these players and they didn’t let me down.

E.S.
27-04-2014, 01:08 PM
[3] Giggs on how he broke the news to dropped players
"I told them all individually before the game, a few of them were upset and rightly so. But they didn’t sulk; you saw the response of Juan. That’s a true professional, to not moan and come on to produce a performance like that for half an hour.

E.S.
27-04-2014, 01:09 PM
[4] Giggs on standards, standards, standards
“They’re all good players and all of us have let ourselves down this year. We haven’t played to the level that we’re capable of this season, but we did that today. I said yesterday that it can’t just be for one game, it has to be for longer than that. Every time you play for Manchester United you have to stay at that level, and they have to keep to these standards against Sunderland.

E.S.
27-04-2014, 01:10 PM
[5] Giggs grew at least four feet yesterday
I was nervous, but as soon as I came out of the tunnel the reception I got, the staff got and the players got was brilliant, I've got to thank the fans for that because it’s not been an easy week, but I felt ten feet tall."

E.S.
27-04-2014, 01:28 PM
[12] Phil Jones feels United were "right at it" yesterday
“It is nice to get a win at home and send the fans home happy, give Giggsy the start he desperately wanted and you could tell the lads were right at it today. In the first half we were probably a bit slow but in the second half we really got to grips with the game and we put the game to bed.”

E.S.
27-04-2014, 01:30 PM
[14] Phil Jones is going to keep his mouth shut for a while
“There's one thing for sure, I won’t be taking the mickey out of him [Giggs], if I do, I will be sat in the stands with him! The banter is flying and the lads are buzzing but come kick-off time it is down to business. All jokes go out the window, it is business time and we have to go out and produce.”

E.S.
27-04-2014, 01:32 PM
[15] Jones thinks Giggs is a legend and that inspires the players
“He is a legend at this club and we just hope that we finish the season strongly for him. What he has done in the game and at this club, he has got all of the experience anyone could ever ask for. Hopefully we can enjoy the remaining games.

E.S.
27-04-2014, 01:36 PM
[18] Giggs on the 30 minute Mata masterclass
“He just showed the class that he's got both as a player and as a professional. He put on a half-hour masterclass, he was brilliant and I was really happy for him because it's not easy because he's got a big price tag.

“To not start the game was disappointing for him and I'm really pleased that he came on and made such an impact.”

E.S.
27-04-2014, 01:38 PM
[20] Mata on the game overall against Norwich
"In the first half it was a bit difficult and we played a bit too slow. In the second half I think we showed what Manchester United can do at home. We tried to score, we tried to be a powerful team and we played in the opposition half of the pitch. I think we did that really well.”

E.S.
27-04-2014, 01:39 PM
[21] Mata feels playing under Giggs is a pleasure he wants to enjoy
“For me, it’s a pleasure to play under Giggs as manager,”

“He’s a proper Manchester United boy. He was born here. For us, it’s a pleasure to be with him at the training ground and at every game. What we will do now is enjoy playing for him until the end of the season.”

E.S.
27-04-2014, 01:46 PM
[24] Rooney believes there are things that are meant to be ... and Ryan the manager is one of them
“He’s built to be a manager. As a team we can see that. We can see that by the way he has handled himself since he has taken over. It’s fantastic to go out there and get the win for him. Giggsy has all the credentials to be the next boss but that decision is down to the board and down to Giggs.”

E.S.
27-04-2014, 01:48 PM
[25] Rooney felt strange playing for Giggsy, but little things helped
“I’ve played with him for the last ten years, but Giggsy has come in and we know he’s a really experienced player and he’s also been a part of the coaching staff for the last season.

E.S.
27-04-2014, 01:49 PM
[26] Rooney wanted some positivity after a week of distractions
“We’ve had a tough week. We understand there has been a lot of negativity towards us as a team. We were hurt by that and we want to put it right. We know we are better than we’ve shown [this season]. We showed that we are a good team and it’s important for us now to end the season well. That’s what we intend to do."

E.S.
27-04-2014, 01:50 PM
[27] Rooney on a tough game that turned out nice
“We knew it was going to be a tough game because Norwich are fighting for their survival,”

“Going in one up at half-time was good for us. We knew we would have to score again and once we did we broke them down more easily. It was a comfortable win in the end.

E.S.
27-04-2014, 01:54 PM
[30] Henry Winter examines the first game for Giggsy the manager ... it was atmospheric
Winter looks at the build up pre-game, the atmosphere during it and how Giggs handled it all - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...hem-apart.html (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10790400/Manchester-United-interim-manager-Ryan-Giggs-still-tearing-them-apart.html)

Red News
29-04-2014, 01:51 AM
Anders Lindegaard on the power of Ryan Giggs’ pre-match talk against Norwich - he’s the new Guardiola
http://impgb.tradedoubler.com/imp?type(img)g(546450)a(608750)053942854 (http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=3447&a=608750&g=546450)

“The parallels with Sir Alex are striking, and it is clear that Ryan has been learning from history’s most awe-inspiring football manager. His last speech before the team went on the pitch before the match against Norwich, was spine-tingling in a way that I have only experienced from Sir Alex. He said: ‘Don’t let the fans down’. Some might question whether someone can go from being a team-mate to the manager from one day to the next. Normally, I have my reservations, but in Giggs’ case, it is different. He spoke when he needed to and people have always listened. What we have seen the first week has been more than convincing. It probably sounds rather naive and impetuous, and I understand people’s scepticism about any conclusion drawn, but to me we are dealing with a new Guardiola. The question is whether he is ready to meet the enormous potential he possesses. Fortunately, it’s not my decision to make, but 100 per cent the club’s. And whatever the club decides, I’m sure that everyone in and around the team will respect it.”

Red News
29-04-2014, 01:52 AM
Ryan Giggs wasn’t getting carried away by the Norwich win

"I thought we ended the game really well. It would have been nice if Chicho had scored a fifth at the end but I can't get too greedy. And I can't get carried away either. It's the first game. We are at Old Trafford and we are expected to win. We will look forward to the Sunderland game and hope for the same performance."